Cielo Breez Plus lets you control your air conditioner or heat pump with simple voice commands.
Note: ‘Cielo Home’ is a Google Assistant compatible app for Cielo Smart Controllers. “Cielo Home” offers various operational features that are supported by the Google Assistant under Home Control category 'Control Temperature & Air' for thermostats.
Cielo Smart Controllers names should be compatible with the Google Assistant. It does not understand names with special characters or numbers. For more details please refer to Note 4 at the bottom of this page.
To configure your Device with the Google Assistant follow the instructions given below:
Step 1: Log In to Google Home
Note 1: In order to use a Google Home device, you'll need a Google account. If you already have a gmail.com email address, that's perfect — simply skip Step 1 and move to Step 2. If you don't already have one, please create a Gmail account to move further.
Once you open Google Home app, you will be asked to link your Gmail account with Google Home. To continue please tap on the 'Profile Icon' from the navigation panel.
Tap on 'Sign in' and enter your Gmail username and password to continue.
Step 2: Enable Actions App & Link Account
Once you have successfully logged in via your Gmail account, you will be brought back to app “Home” screen. Tap on '+' to continue.
On the “Add and manage” screen, tap on 'Set up device'.
On the “Set up” screen, tap on 'Works with Google'.
In the search bar, type ‘Cielo Home’ and tap on it.
This will take you to 'Cielo World' login window so you can link your Cielo Home account with your Google Home account. To continue enter your 'Cielo Home' app credentials and tap the “Sign In” button.
After successful sign in you will see a loading screen 'linking your Cielo Home account'.
After successful link up you will be brought back to the set up screen and asked to assign your device a room.
Your Device has now been set up with Google Home and will show up on your Home Screen. You can control your AC with simple voice commands using the Google Assistant.
Using Google Home App to Control your Air Conditioning
Apart from Google Assistant voice controls, you can also control your AC using Google Home app. It will give you the following controls:
- Turn your AC On/Off.
- Change your AC's mode between Heat & Cool only.
- Increase or decrease the AC's set point temperature.
In order to use Google Home app controls, go to your app Home Screen.
On your Home Screen, tap on your registered device. In this case 'Bedroom AC'.
On the next screen, you have your AC's Control Screen. On the Control Screen you can see your AC's current Power state, the indoor temperature and also increase or decrease temperature once AC is turned ON.
On your Control Screen, tap on 'Off' & choose the AC mode you would like to turn your AC ON with. In this case we are going for 'Cool' mode.
Note: You can only choose either Heat or Cool with Google Home App.
After tapping 'Cool' your AC will turn ON with the current set temperature showing. You may increase or decrease temperature from here.
To turn your AC OFF from Google Home app simply tap on the current AC mode & tap on 'Off'.
In parallel you can continue using 'Cielo Home' app for complete control of your ACs with next gen features e.g. Scheduling, location based controls, my rules, air filter status etc.
Note 2: Google Assistant Voice Commands for Cielo Smart Controllers
The ‘Cielo Home’ actions app includes all the capabilities to allow voice control for Cielo Smart Controllers for your Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps. The commands are simple and easy to use and provides immediate control. It is capable of handling the following commands:
- Turn On/Turn Off, e.g. Hey Google, turn On/Off Bedroom AC.
- Increase/Decrease temperature, e.g. Hey Google, increase/decrease Bedroom AC by 2 degrees.
- Set temperature, e.g. Hey Google, set Bedroom AC to 72 degrees.
- Ask the current set temperature of a specified device, e.g. Hey Google, what is Bedroom AC set to?
- Ask the current temperature reading or ambient temperature detected by the device, e.g. Hey Google, what is the current room temperature?
- Ask the current humidity reading or ambient humidity detected by the device, e.g. Hey Google, what is the current room humidity?
- Ask to change AC mode, you can change between Cool & Heat only. E.g. Hey Google, change Bedroom AC mode to cool.
Note 3: Google Assistant Voice Commands for Scheduling Smart Home actions
With the ‘Cielo Home’ actions app, you can schedule smart home actions using Google Assistant Voice Commands. Now set up a schedule for your Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps, and operate them at specific times of the day, any day of the week. You can use the following commands for setting up schedules:
- “Hey Google, turn on Bedroom AC in five minutes/hours/days.”
- “Hey Google, turn on Bedroom AC at 7 AM.”
- “Hey Google, turn on Bedroom AC tomorrow at 7 AM.”
- “Hey Google, turn on Bedroom AC on Thursday 7 AM.”
- “Hey Google, turn on Bedroom AC from 4 PM to 6 PM.”
- “Hey Google, turn on Bedroom AC from now to 3 hours.”
- “Hey Google, turn on Bedroom AC for 10 minutes.”
- “Hey Google, turn off Bedroom AC in a week.”
Schedules can be set for the current day or any day within the next seven-day period.
Note 4: Google Assistant Compatible Device Names
Cielo Smart Controllers names should be compatible with the Google Assistant. Google Assistant does not understand names with special characters or numbers. It only understands simple English names for devices. To use Google Assistant with Cielo Smart Controllers, we recommend users to name these devices accordingly. Following guidelines must be followed for the Google Assistant to be able to control your Cielo Smart Controllers for your air conditioners & heat pumps:
Please sign in to leave a comment.