During registration of the device you can either auto detect your remote or opt for manual configuration. When going for auto remote detection your remote model will be selected for you depending on our database, remote model might come out as Fahrenheit, Celsius or both. If a remote model is present in both Celsius & Fahrenheit, the Fahrenheit remote model will be selected automatically for you which you can always change in app to Celsius if you wish.
If you opt for manual configuration you will be asked to enter your manufacturer and the remote model number (Usually found on the back of the remote) from the drop-down list and you may choose your preference between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
If you have opted for auto remote detection and your selected remote model was Fahrenheit and you wish to switch to Celsius please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to device settings by tapping 'wrench' symbol of the registered device.
- Select 'Device Preferences'.
- Switch temperature unit between 'C°/F°'.
Note: In case the option of switching between Fahrenheit & Celsius doesn't show you can still select your desired remote model with desired temperature setting via change appliance.
For manual selection, follow these steps:
- Go to device settings by tapping 'wrench' symbol on the registered device.
- Select 'Change Appliance'.
- Select 'Manual Conﬁguration'.
- Select the 'Manufacturer' & 'Remote Control Model Number' of your AC from the drop down lists and tap 'Update'.